Shipping, Delivery & Pick-up Options
Shipping cost is determined by the type of item purchased, your location, and your preference in shipping speed and carrier. Please contact us with any questions about the estimated shipping cost or delivery date for your order.
- Free Shipping – We currently offer free standard ground shipping on vintage hardware for customers in the United States. Online listings for items in this category will clearly specify “Free shipping.” Please allow 1-3 days for processing. Expedited shipping may be available for these items, at an additional cost.
- Standard Shipping – Small items (under 5 lb., no larger than 12 in.) are shipped USPS with a 1-2-business day processing time. Medium-sized items (5 lb. – 50 lb., no larger than 30 in.) are shipped UPS Ground, with processing time ranging from 3-7 business days.
- Freight – For large items (over 50 lb., larger than 30 in.), the quickest (though costliest) shipping option is freight. All items are crated at our onsite freight department in our Scranton, PA National Warehouse. There is an additional $50+ crating charge for this service that will be factored in your quote. Processing typically takes 1-2 weeks, depending on the item’s size. Scheduling for delivery will be made with the most cost-effective and highly trusted carrier option. Every shipment is insured in case of damage during shipment. For shipments to residential addresses, a lift gate will be automatically included, at an added cost of $50+. Shipments to commercial addresses with loading docks available (without the need for a lift gate) may be exempted from this additional fee, upon request. All crates have Phillips head screws on one side, so that they can be easily opened by the customer.
- OGT Delivery – For large items that are not time-sensitive, OGT delivery is an excellent, cost-effective solution. This option can decrease the shipping price by about half that of freight, but in most cases will take longer. Our OGT trucks deliver across the United States to selected areas (please view the MAP below), but delivery schedules depend on when we are in town. Our trucks are in New York City and Washington, D.C. weekly (see below), but there are some regions that we only visit once or twice a year. (Customers can check our Show Calendar to see if we’ll be showcasing anywhere near you.) We will not be able to guarantee a delivery date, up until the point that the driver calls to set up the appointment.
New York City: Weekly - Orders are transported to one of our stores. Customers will be notified with their orders have arrived in New York. OGT staff will then call to schedule delivery.
Washington D.C.: Weekly – Orders can be delivered in surrounding areas. The driver will call to set up a delivery time.
- Store Pick Up – You can pick up your order at any of our New York City stores (Bowery, Broadway, or Union Square) or our Scranton, PA National Warehouse for FREE! Processing time may take up to one week. We also have a location in Los Angeles that we ship a large freight container to several times a year. There is an additional handling charge for this option - please contact us for more details. The Store Pickup option can be selected in the cart under ‘Local pickup’. Please be sure to indicate which location you’ve chosen, in the Customer Note field. A salesperson will notify you when your order is ready for pickup.
We do offer rush order services for our Standard Shipping and Freight options, though the availability of this option depends on the location, condition, and type of the item purchased. For small or medium items, customers can schedule a FedEx pickup (using their own FedEx accounts) for overnight shipping. We do charge an additional handling fee for rush orders. Please contact us directly at 888-233-9678 to discuss rush processing and delivery.